Farrow isn't just a bike shop. We're a family eager to share our passion, expertise, ideas, and stories with every unique individual that walks through the door. We offer more than bikes, parts, and a transaction. We're a place to learn the ropes, shoot the breeze, and be part of the Farrow family. Our attentive team offers the education, training and expertise to keep fellow riders safe and the thrills coming! We're built from a legacy of quality, community, and adventure. It's what gives us permission to move our riders and our industry forward.
It doesn't matter who you are... newbies, weekend warriors, and leather-wearing die-hards are welcome here. We may seem different, but it's our passion, need for adventure, and willingness to share our story that bring us together. You may show up buttoned up, overwhelmed, and under-motivated - but you'll leave with grease on your shoe and a feeling of freedom that can only be found from a family who honors tradition, embraces individuality, and leans into every ride as one!
Provide high value vehicle sales to customers using current proactive feature benefit sales techniques and processes. Reinforce our dealerships’ value proposition whenever possible.
Key Results Areas
- Motorcycle Sales
- Customer Service
- Attain new and pre-owned sales quotas as agreed upon with the sales manager.
- Follow the dealership’s sales process and maintain accurate records of customer interactions.
- Develop and follow-through on proactive, outbound prospecting plans utilizing both internal and external sources. Break monthly goals for phone calls, outbound contacts, kept appointments, etc. into daily and weekly targets; be accountable.
- Use floor time effectively to determine and meet customer needs and solicit sales of all products.
- Present the features of all products to customers along with their benefits. Provide informative walk-around presentations.
- Show each customer advantages of products over competing brands.
- Cross sell additional parts, accessories, F&I products, etc. with all new and pre-owned vehicles. Use dealership approved responses for F&I inquiries.
- Maintain profit margin objectives for all vehicle sales.
- Follow procedures to ensure timely and proper completion of all paperwork.
- Introduce new customers to the service, parts, general merchandise and F&I departments and their personnel.
- Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Handle telephone transactions quickly and courteously.
- Ensure customers are properly qualified for needs, wants, and ability to buy.
- Give each customer a sales process overview.
- Follow the C.U.S.T.O.M. sales process and employ a value-based selling methodology so that all customers receive consistent treatment when doing business.
- Lead each customer thoroughly and thoughtfully through the dealership’s value creation model prior to sitting down.
- Use a common and consistent quotation methodology for vehicle sales, trade-ins and purchases.
- Conduct a road test and pre-delivery inspection prior to delivery to customer.
- Discuss the CSI survey with each customer to increase the number and favorability of responses.
- Ensure the delivery to customer is a memorable experience which endears the customer to the dealership.
- Handle customer questions, objections and complaints with ready, direct and honest responses. Be reasonable, empathetic, and positive. Demonstrate not only our commitment to retaining the customer, but why they should do business with us.
- Use the CRM system effectively to make regular customer contacts and deliver prompt personal follow-ups to encourage additional sales and ensure customer satisfaction.
The duties and responsibilities defined above are not an all inclusive list, but a general summary of typical duties. Individuals in this position may be asked to perform a wide range of related tasks to ensure that the sales and service goals for the team are met and that the highest level of customer service is always provided.
- Be an ambassador for the sport of motorcycling, the Harley-Davidson brand and our family of dealerships.
- Maintain customer relationship management (CRM) system customer records.
- Be part of the team. Assist associates or customers of other departments, as needed.
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace. Notify proper person if attention is needed.
- Own the phone call. Attempt to assist the customer or take a message if desired individual is unavailable.
- Be knowledgeable and enthusiastic regarding Rider’s Edge programming, registration and payment process. Participate, as needed, in the Rider’s Edge Thursday night tour of the dealership.
- Protect confidential customer information. Keep files and workstation locked when not attended.
- Deliver an exceptional Harley-Davidson experience to each and every customer.
- Individual sales and profit margin goals consistently reached or exceeded.
- Non negotiable standards of position met to the satisfaction of the Sales Manager and Dealer Principal.
- Effective use of the sales process confirmed through individual customer conversion percentages.
- Demonstrated knowledge of when and how to ask for referrals.
- Excellent customer service confirmed through customer feedback, secret shopper surveys, and/or CSI scores, etc.
- Continued improvement and/or demonstrated mastery of H-D product knowledge, current and incoming inventory, as well as competitive product knowledge and industry news and trends.
- Appealing retail environment and clean inventory maintained to the standards set by department manager.
- Positive and supportive work environment created through communication, mutual respect for all individuals and adherence to associate conduct guidelines.
- Treat all associates and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
- Be prepared, organized, thoughtful and pleasant.
- Model superior customer service behavior by maintaining positive relationships with customers, associates, managers and owner(s).
- Integrate the skills/behaviors, environmental cues and words which direct and control the sales negotiation; avoid those which do not.
- Remain current with all online training available and attend instructor-led training, as assigned, to keep up-to-date with product knowledge and sales techniques.
- Clock in and out on time. Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
- Be honest and fair in all business dealings.
- Demonstrate professionalism at all times, including in dress and appearance.
- Accept direction, follow instructions and work well with others.
- Strive for continuous improvement.
- Attend company staff meetings.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Valid driver’s license and motorcycle endorsement, as well as current Ohio salesperson’s license.
- High school diploma or equivalate
- Knowledge and experience with sales of Harley-Davidson motorcycles and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them. Applicable experience in big ticket retail sales strongly preferred.
- Passion for the motorcycling lifestyle and riding community a plus.
- Must have ability to relate with broad customer base.
- High energy level needed.
- General math, customer service, excellent personal communication, and demonstrated closing skills required.
- Must be able to work effectively with all areas of the dealership to maximize both the buying experience for the customer and the profitability of the dealership.
- Experience with CRM and/or computerized inventory systems, or the ability to quickly learn.
- Ability to handle confidential information responsibly required.
- Bilingual is a plus
- Must have the ability to operate a heavy-weight motorcycle.
- Occasionally requires the ability to balance up to 900 lbs. and push up to 1,200 lbs.
- Must have the ability to stand and walk the sales floor for most of the day.
- Continual use of speech, vision, hearing, and manual dexterity. Visual acuity required to see computer monitor.
- Hearing and speaking to communicate over standard telephone equipment.
- Majority of work is conducted indoors; however, some outdoor activity is required during events, demo rides and deliveries.
- Occasional exposure to loud noise, fumes and other airborne particles.
- Potential exposure to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Job Title: Sales Associate
• Provide prompt, dependable, high quality, vehicle and related products sales to customers by using current pro-active feature benefit sales techniques.
• Attain new and used sales quotas as assigned by the sales manager
• Cross Sell Parts & Accessories to all purchasers of new or used vehicles. • Maintain profit margin objective for all vehicle sales.
1) Sales Department Operations
• Attain new and used sales quotas as set by the sales manager.
• Use floor time effectively to meet customer needs and solicit sales of all products.
• Present the features of all products to customers along with their benefits.
• Show each customer advantages of products over competing brands.
• Cross sell additional parts, accessories, HOG memberships, etc. with all new and used vehicles.
• Follow procedures to ensure timely and proper completion of all paperwork.
• Introduce new customers to the service, parts, general merchandise and F&I
departments and their personnel.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
• Follow the C.U.S.T.O.M. sales process.
• Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
• Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
• Ensure customers are properly qualified for needs, wants, and ability to buy.
• Practice a feature / benefit selling methodology so that all customers receive consistent treatment when doing business.
• Use a common and consistent quotation methodology for vehicle sales, trade-ins and purchases.
• Conduct a pre-delivery inspection prior to delivery to customer.
• Ensure the delivery to customer is an “EVENT” which endears the customer to the dealership.
• Contact customers using mailing lists, tickler files and personal follow-up to encourage additional sales and ensure customer satisfaction.
• Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to “Make Things Right”.
• Attend training sessions to keep current with sales techniques and sales department issues.
• Cultivate prospects (e.g., showroom customer follow-up, phone-in inquiries, past owners, etc.).
• Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
• Model superior customer service behavior for all sales personnel by maintaining positive relationships with customers, employees GM and owner(s).
• Remain current with all Sales department training available by reviewing ProSell & P.A.C.E. tapes and attending seminars, workshops, and other related training programs assigned by the Sales Manager.
• Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
• Be honest and fair in all business dealings.
• Meet or exceed sales quotas on a regular basis.
• Continually learn more about the products and services you sell. Stay current on
motorcycle trends and selling features.
• Knowledge and experience with sales of New Harley-Davidson motorcycles and other
products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
• Must have the ability to get along with a broad customer base.
• Must have an approachable, likeable personality
• High energy level.
• Excellent communication skills and demonstrated “closing skills”.
• Must be able to work effectively with all areas of the dealership to maximize both the buying experience for the customer and the profitability of the dealership.
• The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
• Occasionally requires the ability to balance and push a 800+ lb. motorcycle.
• Sales persons spend the majority of the day on their feet, demonstrating products.
• Must possess ability to work under pressure and handle stress.
• Must have ability to meet regular required attendance and tardiness policies.
• Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
• Occasionally, exposed to loud noise, exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
Ricart Automotive is an equal opportunity employer.